Bagel Bites

Keep On Keepin' On

As I enter my eighth month here at the sixty one I am noticing quite a few things. It was apparent a few months ago that a camaraderie was being formed when many of the users that are involved with the site changed their avatars to little gerbils (or was it hamster?) during a period of user confusion. I admit to feeling as if I was being experimented on and even jokingly brought this up here. Now I am seeing this camaraderie blossom into something more meaningful. I know that this has been brought up elsewhere and that all of the pictures are shown on the Max Bumps site but I would like to say that I am truly proud of the way the community has embraced supergrover and his battle with cancer. In the midst of all the changes the site has gone through and the few who make it difficult to want to stay at the site I find that this involvement and support of supergrover is an amazing reason to stay. Why wouldn't you want to be around such good people? Supergrover, I can admit that I do not know you well and that my contributions and efforts pale in comparison to others but I would like to say that each time I log on to the site I think of you and wish you and your family the best. Your humor has always made me laugh and I know it will be the thing that gets you through this trying time. Keep on laughing and keep on keepin' on.

More From the Underrated Vault

Hammer No More The Fingers


I find it very hard to believe that this song hasn't gotten more attention. It has all the elements that should make for a home page song. A lesser known band with a great hook and good vocals.

The Buddyrevelles

Here is a band that has had some good success on the 61 with a track that got left behind. I don't know who the hell Rodney is and I don't dream of men much but I think I get this song.

Bidding on Revives
This is a relatively new (last hour or so as I am writing this) feature on the site. Already there are a few tracks that have bids over 7000 points. I am curious to see how this plays out as it was very difficult to get a revive before though the purchase price may make it down right impossible for some people. All that being said I would like to dare someone to bid all of their points on a revive. Race to Zero not so difficult style.

Bon Sportage
That's all that I have for now. I am hoping to post more often now that I am out of class and find myself with a little more free time. If you have any thoughts on new features (bites) let me know and I would be happy to give em a go.
Later

1 comment:

arcadia said...

First off, this is the first I am hearing of supergrover's battle with cancer--my heart goes out to him and his family.

Second, good call on both songs--I'd also like to throw Rauchaube and The Upstairs Room (Or, at the very least, the song Bow to Your Sensei) into the mix. First of June needs more recognition as well, and that's not JUST a plug 'cause I was first on one of her songs.

Keep on keepin' on. :)