Get to know a fellow 61'er: comradeinarms

  1. Your 61 Listener ID: comradeinarms
  2. Current Favorite Artist: The Felice Brothers. They're like Harry Smith's brain on indie rock. Amazing.
  3. Artist you most wish would upload music: Noir Désir, but I don't really think that's going to happen anytime soon. Or slightly more phantasmagorically, Can. That'd be awesome. Cause what the sixtyone needs is more twenty-four minute songs.
  4. Your musical guilty pleasure: Charlie Mingus. So damned good it's got to be bad.
  5. How did you hear of The Sixty One? Through my friend Morgan via his brother Alex who has like three profiles on the site. No idea where he found it, since it was before the digg deluge.
  6. How much less productive are you since you've joined? Hopelessly?
  7. What is the biggest change you'd make to The Sixty One? Eh, I don't know - there are a bunch of small changes I'd make, but nothing huge. I don't like the fact that after months of campaigning for the removal of Browse>Newest, you can still do Max Bumps = 0. Really defeats the whole purpose. I'd like to see a decent PM system as well as some better means to organize songs. Not to mention a separate feed for artist and listener subscriptions. Perhaps also a system whereby if someone uploads a new song in say the two categories on your homepage that gets included in your subscription feed too. I mean - this is about discovering music right? Also, I hate the blog zombies. Yeah, if I could get rid of those, that'd be awesome.
  8. Who is the listener you'd most like meet in person? Most of the people with whom I've had extended conversations. But picking one? No clue.
  9. What do you think of Second Life Avatars for musicians and users? If Zizek says all sex is virtual, why not the same for music?
  10. What sort of stuff would you like to see at Maxbumps? Love the artist interviews, so I guess more of those.

No comments: