- Your 61 Listener ID: Batface89 (No, I don't have low self esteem. It's a comic I drew in high school. Sometime I'll change my avatar to reflect the true beauty of Batface. So the story on this: There was a new girl at my school and we were instantly best friends. About three months after school started, she suddenly stopped talking to me and started hanging out with a bad crowd - of CHEERLEADERS! I was not cool enough to hang out with her anymore. After that, she was known as batface. I vented my anger with her in a comic strip. It morphed into something completely different that had nothing to do with her after a very short time, but she was the original prototype. The original batface is twice divorced and hasn't aged well (probably due to all the tanning booths she visited in the late 80s. Okay, original batface, who's cool now?!
- Current Favorite Band: 61 band: Mountain Goats, SambaYaSamba, The Morning Benders, Luxlisbon, We Were Pirates, Collide. I did buy a couple albums from T61 artists after hearing them there first: The Twilight Sad, Blaqk Audio and I bought SambaYaSamba last weekend. I should pick up the Collide album too.
All-time Favorite Bands: Crowded House, Cheap Trick, New Order, Smashing Pumpkins (90s SP), The White Stripes
- Band you most wish would post music: Liam Finn. I saw him play twice in August, opening for Crowded House. His father is Neil Finn of Crowded House/Split Enz/Finn Brothers. He has a lot of similarities with his father, vocally, but his music is much more experimental. He's a one man band.
The Orange Lights would probably score well at T61.
- Your musical guilty pleasure: Robbie Williams, The Wiggles. Greg Page's voice is like buttah. It's too bad he has that health problem that required him to leave The Wiggles. I saw him on the street in front of Madison Square Garden in his yellow shirt signing autographs to 14 year olds with teddy bear backpacks.
- How did you hear of The Sixty One? From my friend Dru. He's on T61, but he has a big important job and can't tune in much. He's working on titles for Kung Fu Panda now. He's my former student. I'm so proud (tear.)
- How much less productive are you since you've joined? 55% at least, but I've been doing much better lately. I've learned how to balance it - play music in the background and just bump as I hear something really terrific.
- What is the biggest change you'd make to the site? Sortable Stats! The subscription box needs to be larger and update much more often. Sometimes it's 30-40 minutes out of date. The tunebox is tiny and needs an overhaul.
- The listener you'd most like to in person: Apocalypse and willie, Annie B too. There are so many 61ers I'd like to meet. I think it would be a lot of fun to have T61 parties in select cities, like they have Fark parties.
- What do you think of Second Life Avatars for musicians and users? I don't care for them, because the arms always look funky, oddly out of perspective. It seems to be a polarizing question. I see a poll in the future.
- What sort of stuff would you like to see on this blog? A wiki for bands and terminology. Interviews with James and Sam (hopefully they'll do it, if they can spare the time), interviews with artists, music videos, lots of interesting playlists, music discussion, reviews of albums and concerts, concert schedules, a map of where everyone is located. The contributors are thinking up such awesome ideas. I'll be back in a couple of days and we'll make it all happen, one at a time.