SNYtunes: Lost in a Moment


Where do you go when you’re lost? Not lost when traveling, but lost in the emotion of a moment and are in need of an exit. For me that exit is music, specifically certain songs that have the lyrical and vocal strength to overpower my senses and dissolve my problems. You know of course what I mean. You come home late because your boss asked you to work extra hours even though you just did a double the night before. Maybe you stub your toe on the way in. Then you walk upstairs to find your lover in bed with Eatabagel, eating a bagel. Whatever your reasons, you need to let the pain out and what better way to do so than with a good melody and some lyrical poignancy.

Below are a few songs which have helped me through some hard times. Give them a listen then drop by the forums and share some of your favorite moment-crushing tunes.

Fiona Apple - Limp
You feed the beast I have within me
You wave the red flag, baby you make it run run run
Standing on the sidelines, waving and grinning
You fondle my trigger, then you blame my gun


Arcade Fire - Intervention
Been working for the church while your life falls apart
Been singing hallelujah with the fear in your heart
Every spark of friendship and love will die without a home
Hear the soldier groan, "We'll go at it alone"


Nine Inch Nails - Something I Can Never Have (Still version)
Grey would be the color if I had a heart
You make this all go away
I'm down to just one thing
I'm starting to scare myself


No comments: