Get to know a fellow 61'er: silkworm

  1. Your 61 Listener ID: silkworm
  2. Current Favorite Artist: On t61 (and maybe this also qualifies as a guilty pleasure) it's probably Redding. It may be shiny studio candy but it's extremely catchy and consistent (and one of their songs references Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, which is an all-time fave). Outside of t61 the album which has gotten the most spins in the last 6 months is Josh Pyke - Memories & Dust. Really well-crafted acoustic pop from Australia.

    Josh Pyke - 'Sew My Name'



  3. Artist you most wish would upload music: Radio Dept. - great, melodic Swedish pop

    Radio Dept. - 'Pulling Our Weight'



  4. Your musical guilty pleasure: 80's hair metal. Dokken, anyone?
  5. How did you hear of The Sixty One? digg.com
  6. How much less productive are you since you've joined? I know it's not cool to sound like I'm actually being responsible about my job, but - not much. Thank you, Tab Mix Plus (Firefox).
  7. What is the biggest change you'd make to The Sixty One? A forum area specifically for free-form listener interaction, as opposed to the ones currently limited to Feature Requests or Bug Reports - although I guess this blog might pick up some of the slack there! Searchable stats. Longer playlists. Spiffier and more functional artist/listener pages. Better tuneboxing. Integrated chat, maybe.
  8. Who is the listener you'd most like meet in person? I'll go with KosmikRay, since he was like a beacon for me as a newbie, although I think our tastes in music differ quite a bit.
  9. What do you think of Second Life Avatars for musicians and users? I understand there are probably a few different reasons why someone would use them, but frankly I find them hideous, without exception, to the point where I resent having to look at them. A tiny part of my soul is ripped away each time I'm forced to look upon one. I'm going to see if I can use an Amazon gift certificate to remove them all from the S3 servers.
  10. What sort of stuff would you like to see on this blog? I'd like this to be the Yang to t61's Yin. They could spoon each other, or play ouroburos together.

No comments: